specspectacle said: ✍ Sollux? :3
NO REPOSTING OR I REPORT U
Posts tagged homestuck
i just wanted to draw something fun. ended up doodling a whole lot of randomness. it’s been a really long time since i’ve drawn any homestuck fanart, but the though of Gamzee draped across the horn pile while Karkat complained made me giggle.
literally one of the coolest things hussie has done hhhHH
I really do gotta point out I had the same “aaaa” moment watching this that I did watching Cascade.
As in, wow, holy shit, this is what sequential art can do.
Homestuck is literally, literally breaking panels and moving in and out of them. I mean haha, yes, it’s funny as hell and LOL meta and all that. But holy shit does this get me excited about comics.
comics no longer have to be still
comics no longer have to be quiet
comics can do whatever the fuck they want
And I think in the end, after we’ve all set our horns on the shelf and our godtier shirts aside, THAT is what Homestuck’s overall legacy is going to be. It BROKE comics. And made them better. I seriously hope people are studying its effect and will put it in goddamn studies because WOW.
GOD I LOVE COMICS
GOD I LOVE SEQUENTIAL ART
HOMESTUCK IS THE ONLY WEB COMIC THAT ACTUALLY UTILIZES ALL THE POSSIBILITIES OF THE MULTIMEDIA THING AND I LOVE HOW IT DOES THAT.
Anonymous said: do you have any tips on what to do if someone wanted to make their own fantroll flash animation page thingy? you're like, my biggest inspiration for flashes, i used to watch havoc for hours and hours on end!
Oh my gosh thank you ;~; I don’t know what to say! I’ll try, though-
- Know Flash.In particular: Movie Clips, The Blur Effects and Layer Effects on Movie Clips, Symbols, Tweening (the one most important thing for a HS-style Flash??) Exporting the Final Flash, Importing Music and Images, Basic ActionScript, etc.
- I know it sounds like a lot- and I guess it is! Havoc was my second Flash, so a lot of my initial learning experience came from my first Flash, Rewind. And inbetween that, I had an unfinished short Flash… Which I totally forgot about, maaaybe I’ll post it some day.
- For exporting the final output: Flash gives you the flash movie output automatically when previewing the whole thing; If you want to export into a video format you can upload to Youtube or something, use Newgrounds’ Swivel. NOTHING will beat that in terms of quality vs. file size. It was made precisely for Flash animation makers, and it’s absolutely free.
- Practice. I know you’re tired of hearing about that, but you’ll need it. I first used Flash in like, 2005/2006, so even if I rarely used it, I had lots of know-how by the time I made my Flashes in 2012/2013
- Look at animatics, as well as flashes. I actually did a similar thing to you, anon, when making my flashes- I’d watch Cascade a bunch of times, and keep looking at these sources of inspiration while doing the project, since they’ll helped me get pumped and do things when I was feeling lazy.
- I’m not the most well-prepared person in the planning stage. I didn’t storyboard Rewind and Havoc at all. I didn’t really care much for composition and flow and such at the time soooo I just went with it. As much as you can, plan in advance, make sketches.
- But at least plan something. Listen to the music first and write down a timeline, at least, if you’re making a HS-style flash.
I kind of deleted the [S] Rewind master plan… but [S] Havoc. and [S] Unfinished are intact. :b
see, I’m a mess. The unfinished flash was a million times prettier.
One last thing.
Don’t expect instant results. Don’t do this while you’re busy with other stuff, maybe. I have to say that I made both flashes while I was on summer break from school- And I worked basically every day. It’s not just about skill or artistry, It’s also about being focused as fuck @-@
That’s something I didn’t have while making [S] Loyalist: Descend, because I tried to do it while in school. Also, my art style had matured so quickly since, and the flash became outdated art-wise. Which is why I ultimately abandoned it. So be confident, and work, work, work.
It’s a very rewarding endeavor in the end. uvu Good luck!
i tried to redo my list but it’s hard and i keep forgetting characters. too many robots on this cruise.
Sorry for making you think of it again, but this is interesting!
I like Rewind as Mage of Hope. I’m a little rusty on the Class/Aspect specifications atm, but maybe Knight for Magnus or Cyclonus, and Fort Max as a Rage player? I could see Swerve as a Rogue.